GLPG, a trading name of GLPG Limited and GLPG Finance Limited have and maintain a data protection policy, which includes an organisational approach, is approved by the management, published and communicated as appropriate to all relevant persons.
The policy conforms to and requires demonstration of compliance with the 6 principles specified in Article 5 of the GDPR in that it states personal data will be:
– Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (“lawfulness, fairness and transparency”).
– Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes; further processing of personal data for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall, in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered incompatible with the initial purposes; (“purpose limitation”).
– Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (“data minimisation”).
– Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (“accuracy”).
– Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (“storage limitation”);
– Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (“integrity and confidentiality”).
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way GLPG processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy. Our website and database GLPG take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users and GLPG complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Most of the cookies we set are automatically deleted from your computer when you leave our website or shortly afterwards. We use anonymous session cookies (short-term cookies that disappear when you close your browser) to help you navigate the website and make the most of the features. If you log into the website, application or course as a registered user, your session cookie will also contain your user ID so that we can check which services you are allowed to access.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, telephone, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone and email details, you consent to GLPG contacting you using that method.
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (020) 36406420.
Information collection and use How do we collect information? GLPG collects information in two possible ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up to our database via our website, contact our team or communicate with us – you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social & professional social media.
How long do we keep your data for?
GLPG will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while we believe you are still actively seeking Investment or Development Opportunities, Capital Advisory or New Homes services, or whether we understand that you have a legitimate business interest in being kept up-to-date on company news and/or latest instructions, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or in the case of any contact you may have with our team.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you. Registration forms GLPG will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information gathered as a result of filling out the site registration forms, to anyone outside of our organisation.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
– You can verify the details you have submitted to GLPG by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling us on +44 (020) 3640 6420. We use encrypted database software, ensuring that all data we hold is secure that our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address and possibly your address.
– You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by GLPG regarding your profile or requirements at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
– If you request to be removed from GLPG’s database, which you are free to do at any time, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
– You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (020) 3640 6420.
– You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive from GLPG. Once you do this, you will no longer receive emails from us.
– You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please email email@example.com or call +44 (020) 3640 6420